INTRODUCTION FROM THE CEO OF DOLLAR FINANCIAL UK LIMITED
We are committed to improving our practices to combat slavery and human trafficking. We have a zero tolerance approach to modern slavery and we are committed to ensuring that our business operates in a socially responsible way.
Dollar Financial UK Limited is a leading provider of simple financial services in communities right across the UK. Through our subsidiary companies, Instant Cash Loans Ltd and T.M. Sutton Ltd, we own a number of popular British high street and online brands including The Money Shop and Payday Express. You can find out more about our brands and products here: https://www.dollaruk.com/our-brands/.
OUR POLICIES ON SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. Our UK Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy reflects our zero tolerance, commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
OUR SUPPLY CHAINS
Due to the nature of our business, our supply chains mainly consist of suppliers of stationery, marketing material, security systems and foreign currency.
DUE DILIGENCE PROCESSES FOR SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
As part of our initiative to identify and mitigate risk we:
- Provide employees with a clearly stated and comprehensive policy on Modern Slavery
- Ensure that people involved with the recruitment process for the business are aware of anti-slavery and human trafficking risks
- Have a process in place for employees to follow if they identify potential human trafficking or slavery concerns
We also have in place systems to:
- Identify and mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains
- Monitor potential risk areas in our supply chains
- Protect whistle blowers
SUPPLIER ADHERENCE TO OUR VALUES
To ensure all those in our supply chain and contractors comply with our values we:
- Ensure wherever possible that agreements with third parties require the third party to comply with all relevant anti-slavery and human trafficking legislation
- Request suppliers to agree to our Supplier Standards which sets out that suppliers must have effective systems and controls in place to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in their business or any of their supply
We also have a dedicated compliance team, which has involvement from the following departments:
- Human resources
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes the slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial
Chief Executive Officer
Dollar Financial UK Limited
Date: 28th July 2016